1. Have you seen the Oscar Mayer Carving commercial? Cracks me up every time! 2. Pencils in a pretty polka-dot mug makes me smile....can you tell I am a teacher?
3. Speaking of things that make me smile! I am always, always on the computer! I teach high school computer classes and run the school's website but I also have my photography business where I am constantly editing pictures, designing albums or promo material, plus bookkeeping, etc. It is hard to keep my nails looking pretty. Until I found shellac nails! Love shellac nails. I can go nearly 3 weeks before I have to pick a new color. Yay! I've been stuck in a french nail rut and wanted to try something new. I had this grey color in my mind, not quite black, but not light grey either. The sweet nail lady suggested mixing two colors. Yay!!! One is an OPI color and the other another brand (#'s 45 and 50). I love this grey color and I am finding it goes with anything I wear this winter. Plus, my man thinks it's a sexy color. Delight!
4. I have a Pinterest addiction! Do you Pinterest too? My Pinterest name is Kikis Corner Blog. You can see my boards here. Warning: It's fun and can quickly eat up a few hours before you know it!
5. I actually had to explain what floppy disks were to my students last week. They have only known zip drives and cds/dvds. Really?!? Should I dare explain records or 8 tracks???
6. Almond Milk! Who knew! It is delicious in my morning smoothie. It makes my green drink taste like a high calorie milk shake. YUM!
7. We have been eating apples incorrectly for generations! Seriously!! My dad can eat apples like a champion. He leaves a perfect apple core. Watching him eat an apple is an art form. But, he totally needs to watch this video. Who knew?! (if the link isn't working, click here)
8. I met with an architect to talk about my dream studio!!! I'm not sure if we will be able to afford to build the studio now or not, but the planning process is so much fun!!!
9. We have warmer weather with highs in the 70s and then a day later we have highs of 35 degrees. The warmer weather makes me excited to plant a spring garden again. My mouth is watering at the though of home grown tomatoes!!!
10. Spring gardening makes me think of my calendar. The month of June is filled with 4 weddings, camps, and family vacations. It is going to be a fun, yet very full summer!