1. Where did January go? Seriously, we are nearly halfway through February already. My head is spinning! 2. My baby is 17 years old. 17! Be still my heart!
3. I was just 17 yesterday....okay it feels that way. The person in the mirror would disagree though.
4. I am pretty excited about my Valentine gift to my sweetheart this year!!! He will be so excited. Normally we don't do big gifts for Valentine's Day (okay, I don't give big gifts) but this year is exciting!
5. I have officially exercised 5 days a week for the past month! I am on week 5 and I am so proud of myself. I haven't stuck to an exercise plan like this since I played 5A basketball and volleyball in high school....a long time ago!
6. This is our weather forecast! Cold with a chance of ice and sleet, but look at Sunday's forecast! Wow!
7. We are loving watching the Olympics from the comforts of our own home. Have you read the stories about athletes getting locked in their rooms, bathrooms, and elevators. Scary!
8. Speaking of Olympics, every time the announcer shouts go, or begin, I always hear, "A La Cuisine!" From Iron Chef. My family laughs because you may just hear me hollering it.
9. For the past 4 years, I have wanted our high school media students to participate in the annual Google Doodle Scholarship program. This year, I received an email asking if we would like to enter. YES!!!! All week long my media students are passionately searching for their answer to, "If I could invent one thing to make the world a better place...." It's a big deal to enter the contest, and quite another to win. The winning school will receive a $50,000 technology grant and the winning student receives a $30,000 college scholarship. Wow! I cannot wait to see their finished projects!
10. My dad's birthday was this past Thursday. I think it is pretty special that he and Hannah have birthdays so close. They are kindred spirits in so many ways!