Two Ten on Tuesday posts in a row, woo hoo!!!
1. I love to photograph lights and the bokeh that comes with it. Bokeh is the blurred or out of focus areas like you see above. That is our Christmas tree, but you can't tell because of the bokeh. Cool eh?
2. I rented a few lenses before Christmas. And this fish eye was one of them. While I thought it was a really cool lens, I can't see using it for portraits but it sure was fun to play with!
3. I did purchase the lens I have been dreaming about for two years and wow is it heavy on my camera! But, it takes amazingly clear pictures on the basketball court and I'm thinking on the football field this fall. Delight!!!
4. We were in Arizona this month and we will fly to Nevada for a few days next month. I'm liking this travel trend for 2014!
5. Our Bichon, Tinkerbell, hasn't been acting like herself. She is 15 (or will be this October) and we were starting to dread taking her to the vet for fear of what she might suggest. Turns out, Tink is having some lower back pain. Can you blame her, she is over 100 in dog years. Twice a day, she gets to take a little treat that makes the pain subside. We are thankful!!! In the process of trying to figure out what was wrong and why she would cry all night long, we discovered she adores Starbucks as much as we do! So we always get her a cup of water when we drive through. So fun!
6. I say this often! I am blessed with the BEST clients and friends! This was our surprise dinner delivery this week. It was delicious!!! And we are overwhelmed with gratitude for the sweet friends and clients God has blessed us with.
7. I am reading this book and loving it!!! God loves you, He always has, He always will!!!
8. It's been too long since I read a good book just because! It seems I go from teaching high school to photo shoots, to editing pictures, to ordering sessions, to laundry, to..... I'm thankful for a few stolen moments away with this book. It is a treasure and a wonderfully incredible reminder that we are dearly loved! One of my favorite parts from the book, and I have several, talks about God's love being the ocean, although it is even bigger than the ocean. If we are a fish in His deep ocean of love, we are surrounded, filled, and covered over and over again with His love! Glory! I sobbed when I read, He loves us, and He already loves our children, our grandchildren, and our great-grandchildren. What a thought!
9. Speaking of water, after my awful round of pneumonia this fall, I am determined to take better care of myself. I can almost see my man's eyes rolling! I was terribly sick this fall, sick enough to come face to face with the reality that I can't possibly take care of my home, my family, my students, and my clients if I am sick. That is such a no-brainer thought, but for this people-pleaser who has a hard time saying no to good things and good people, taking care of myself is often on the back burner! So, I am drinking more water than I thought possible which is really fun trying to find time to go to the bathroom in between classes! There is a new app I bought for my phone that reminds me to drink my water. It is called WaterMinder. It drives me nuts throughout the day, but I really am doing better about drinking my water. And my hair and my skin are so thankful.
10. I could listen to Matt Redman's, "10,000 Reasons" song 10,000 times a day and probably still tear up every time. I adore this song....and don't we all have at least 10,0000 reasons to bless the Lord?!